[Electronics-Talk] Keysoft

Christopher Chaltain chaltain at gmail.com
Wed Apr 6 02:26:40 UTC 2016

IMHO, this is not something that should just be tolerated from
computers. This shouldn't happen, and if it does, then there's a problem
that needs to be addressed. I've gone weeks on my systems running
Windows or Linux without hangs or reboots. Of course, I've also had
times where I had to reboot my Windows system every couple of days, but
fortunately this was a while ago, and it was an issue with Windows. I"m
sure Linux and other operating systems have had this issue from time to
time, so I'm not just knocking Windows.

I tend to stand up and defend my software engineering and operating
system development peers, but computers should not need to be rebooted
and shouldn't hang, and users should not settle for this as accepted
behaviour.

On 05/04/16 13:25, Aleeha Dudley via Electronics-Talk wrote:
> That happens with all note takers, in my experience. In fact, it's just a computer thing. Sometimes it just hangs and needs reset.
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
>> On Apr 5, 2016, at 12:36, Tracy Carcione via Electronics-Talk <electronics-talk at nfbnet.org> wrote:
>>
>> I've been using a BrailleNote PK for several years, until it gave up the
>> ghost a couple weeks ago.
>>
>> My only complaint is that, every week or two, it would get hung up and I'd
>> need to reset it.  It wasn't hard, but it was annoying.
>>
>> Is this common with BrailleNotes?  Is it something to do with Keysoft, or
>> was it just some limitation in the PK?
>>
>> If it's Keysoft, it would be a mark against getting another BrailleNote
>> machine.
>>
>> Tracy

Christopher (CJ)
chaltain at Gmail