[Electronics-Talk] [EXTERNAL] Re: {Spam?} Re: reviewof blind-friendly cell-phones wanted

S L Johnson SLJohnson25 at comcast.net
Mon Apr 11 23:59:00 UTC 2016

Hi,

The other free cell phone is from Assurance Wireless.  It runs off Virgin
Mobile.  You get 250 free talk and unlimited text messages.  You can also
pay $5 or $10 to add more talk and text and $30 to have unlimited talk and
text plus data.  The phones they use are from their pre-pay or pay as you go
plans.  The phones are Kyocera.  Mine is the JAX S1360.  You will need
sighted assistance to turn on the voice features but then you should be able
to operate the phone without any problems.  With voice read out turned on
you can hear your settings, contacts, history, missed calls, calendar, alarm
clock etc...  You can also turn on voice activation so you can ask the phone
to dial a contact for you or check the signal strength or battery levels.
You can send and receive text messages.  The only problems I have found is
that if I turn the phone to vibrate, I lose the voice and have to find
someone sighted to help me get them back again.  Right now, I cannot afford
the $30 for the data plan so I have not tried to get on the internet or do
emails wih this phone.  According to the manual it can do all that too.  It
is not anything like the more expensive android or iPhones but, it is a good
basic cell phone that a blind person can use.   I learned how to use it by
downloading thee manual from the Kyocera website.  For more information go
to www.assurancewireless.com.

Sandra Johnson