[Electronics-Talk] refining cell phone question

Christopher Chaltain chaltain at gmail.com
Tue Apr 26 13:02:39 UTC 2016

I think what they meant is that Samsung doesn't do much to the standard
Android interface to get in the way of accessibility. I think they're
implying that with the Galaxy phones from Samsung, you're getting pretty
much a stock Android experience. Some people would say that you aren't
getting a lot of bloatware on the Galaxy phones.

I don't have a Samsung phone myself, so I'm hesitant to say anything,
but this is not my understanding of Samsung phones. My understanding is
that Samsung adds quite a bit of software to and on top of the standard
Android operating system. Fortunately, Samsung does seem to be committed
to accessibility, so these changes and this additional software tends to
be accessible. For example, you don't get Talk Back with the high end
Galaxy phones. Instead you get Voice Assistant, which is Samsung's
screen reader based on Talk Back. You can still install Talk Back from
the Google Play Store, so you get two screen reading Some people call
this bloatware, but there are some decent applications put out by
Samsung.options.

On 26/04/16 07:44, Sandra Streeter via Electronics-Talk wrote:
> Really glad I’m starting to get some feedback. To the person who stated that there isn’t much overlay to get in the way on the Galaxies’ screen (my apologies, your name wasn’t clear), I missed your point; could you clarify? Thanks!
>

> Sandra
> "It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye." - Antoine de Saint-Exupery
> The Little Prince
>

> ---

Christopher (CJ)
chaltain at Gmail