[Electronics-Talk] Fitbit

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Fri Apr 29 12:16:41 UTC 2016

I just got a Fitbit, and thought I'd make some comments.

I got the Fitbit One, because it has a good battery life, and the reset
instructions look simple, in case it has a problem, which it hasn't, so far.

It has its own little display, but that's no good to me.  But it syncs to my
iPhone very well, and the app is quite accessible.  The setup however was
not accessible-lots of unlabeled buttons, and a part where a code displayed
on the Fitbit had to be entered.  I had to get a sighted friend to help me.
But now, I can see how many steps I've taken, how many calories burned, and
how many floors climbed.  I can see the Fitbit battery status, and change my
weight.  I haven't tried anything like logging my food or water.  I haven't
tried tracking my sleep, but I read that's pretty easy.

So, once I got the setup done with help, accessibility is not a problem.

Tracy