[Electronics-Talk] another cell phone question

Sandra Streeter sandrastreeter381 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 30 21:12:26 UTC 2016

Hello,

In the process of coming to a decision about whether to get a Galaxy: I’m wondering if there’s a way to change the TalkBack sounds—I saw a Youtube video about TalkBack, and also looked at some online material, which didn’t seem to say you could change them. I’d also like to find a Google contact person to email—while the needs of blind, hearing-impaired and other users are being addressed, I haven’t yet seen anything geared toward autism, and I am very sound-picky because of Aspergers—the usual TalkBack sounds are, to me, very jarring. When I’ve seen sighted people use their Galaxies without speech, the sounds are much more pleasant: like the bubble sounds you used to hear on MTV’s “Pop-up Video”, not jarring at all. So, I want to go on an awareness campaign with Google, A, to double-check that there’s not already something that can be done; 2, if not, to begin moving on the issue. Any help you all could give is appreciated. Thanks!

Sandra
"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye." - Antoine de Saint-Exupery
The Little Prince

---