[Electronics-Talk] new blender/food processor unit needed

Sandra Streeter sandrastreeter381 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 11 02:03:54 UTC 2016

Hi, everyone:

My blender/food processor died today—the shaft that holds the blade didn’t seem to spin, so ended up with half-minced ham salad with huge chunks of unprocessed stuff--WAH
! Since this unit (I think it was a Bullet) crapped out after just a couple years, am obviously looking for something more durable. I’d like to focus on metal containers—am trying to avoid the loudness and heaviness that come often with glass and don’t like the chintziest of some plastics. I’ve always dreamed of a Kitchen Aid, because, at least when I see someone using one on TV, it’s fairly quiet, and quality—but then, I’m on a budget (hoping to go no higher than
$50.00, since I want to replace the old one fairly soon), but not averse to saving a few pennies for what I really want. As you can tell from my KitchenAid remarks, a stand mixer may not be out of the question, depending on weight—would like to store it in a cupboard. Also, of course, no touch screen, if possible, or easily marked with tactile dots and mastered without much trouble totally eyes-free.  I may come up with criteria I’m spacing on momentarily as I get your feedback, but so far, this is my list off-hand. thanks!

Sandra
"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye." - Antoine de Saint-Exupery
The Little Prince

---