[Electronics-Talk] about objections to topics

Sandra Streeter sandrastreeter381 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 25 14:31:14 UTC 2016

Okay, so I guess I should apologize for bringing up retromercials? Especially since, in the beginning, I freely admitted it was off-topic and to not knowing where else to take it, and half-joked that we should have a nostalgia listserv? Be mindful that some have contacted me privately, in order to avoid listserv clutter, which I do get, and respect. I’ll repeat the gist of a comment someone on another NFB listserv made, though: our lives are multi-faceted, and once in a while, going off-topic isn’t a bad thing, if you can’t figure out where else to go (as I couldn’t; it goes without saying, I was open to suggestions about “more appropriate” venues for the topic), and to lighten the atmosphere a bit. In my (albeit limited) experience, BTW, chat rooms tend to be inaccessible. If you’re annoyed at the existence/duration of a topic, there are page-down and delete buttons, which I freely use. For those who (right or wrong) participated, it’s been fun! Feel free to contact me off-list to continue, since I, for one, am still enjoying it! Thanks!

Sandra
"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye." - Antoine de Saint-Exupery
The Little Prince

---