[Electronics-Talk] talking scales for human weight again?

Star Gazer pickrellrebecca at gmail.com
Sat Aug 27 12:02:06 UTC 2016

			Thank you everybody

-----Original Message-----
From: Electronics-Talk [mailto:electronics-talk-bounces at nfbnet.org] On
Behalf Of Gerald Levy via Electronics-Talk
Sent: Friday, August 26, 2016 11:25 AM
To: Discussion of accessible home electronics and appliances
<electronics-talk at nfbnet.org>
Cc: Gerald Levy <bwaylimited at verizon.net>
Subject: Re: [Electronics-Talk] talking scales for human weight again?

I recently purchassed a Newline SCB105 talking bathroom scale from
Amazon.com for under $25.  It is very accurate and easy to use.  I verified
its accuracy by weighing a 20 pound dumbell.  The clear female voice
announced its weight as 20.1 pounds.  And its weight is within 2 pounds of
the weight measured by my doctor on the professional balance scale in his
office.  This scale has a tempered glass platform and operates on two easily
replaceable AAA batteries.  To weigh yourself, you tap lightly on the
platform, and the scale prompts you to step on.  In a few seconds,your
weight is announced to the nearest tenth of a pound, and beeps when you step
off to indicate that it is shutting off.  A button on the underside of the
scale toggles weight readings between pounds and kilograms.  The scale
starts talking as soon as you install the batteries, so you know it's
working.  And if you weigh yourself a second or third time, you will get the
same reading as the first time; this scale doesn't give you different
readings each time you step on, like some other talking scales.  The Newline
SCB105 is also sold as the Moshi Talking Scale by Independent Living Aids
for $50, which has an audio demo of it on its web site.  But why buy it from
ILA when you can buy it for half the price from Amazon?  Check it out:

https://www.amazon.com/NewlineNY-Newline-SCB-Bathroom-Capacity/dp/B001TWE1DA

Gerald