[Electronics-Talk] streaming music

Brad Hodges brad.hodges at outlook.com
Wed Dec 7 11:44:19 UTC 2016

Ashley:

I find music streaming to be among the most pleasurable activities I
enjoy with my devices.

Your question necessarily covers a very wide range of options and equipment.

If you could focus a bit on what you have to play music on, we can help
you explore the options.

On the other hand, if you're going to choose a music streaming method
I'm sure many people here have thoughts.

Speaking for myself, I stream music using two very different, yet
interrelated methods.

First, in my home the Sonos technology is used. I have several of their
playback devices including both a component and dedicated Sonos
speakers. The best thing is that a totally accessible iOS app gives me
total control and provides access to a number of streaming services I
use. Can't say enough good things about customer service either. When I
was a new Sonos customer I even had a rep fire up VoiceOver on his own
phone to help me answer a question.

I also use the same services which I operate through Sonos as individual
apps on my iPhone. These include, Apple Music, Deezer, RadioTunes,
formerly Sky.fm, Accuradio and OOtunes.

I use Bluetooth speakers around the house and stream directly from my
phone to my car audio head end when I'm traveling. I also operate Google
Maps at the same time for a very effective music and navigation experience.

Hope this isn't more than you wanted, but it is something which I think
you will find that a number of us are passionate about.

best,

brad

brad.hodges at outlook.com