[Electronics-Talk] samsung tv with voice guide about setting the description

Ray Foret jr rforet7706 at comcast.net
Mon Dec 12 11:39:27 UTC 2016

Let me make a couple of extra points here.  The reason you can’t seem to get your TV to work with dish is because your inputs are not set up correctly.  You need to ensure that you have an HDMI cable running from the HDMI output on the back of your dish box in to one of the HDMI inputs on your TV.  Now, make sure the inputs on your TV are set to receive from that HDMI cable.  I garanntee that will fix it for you.  Keep something in mind however.  IF you do choose to go this rout, you may or may not have access to description because the owner of Dish Network is being a bit of an ass and refuses to carry it. So, you’d actually be better off going from a direct antenna and watching your locals like that.  That’s the better option anyhow due to the fact that if you watch them that way, there is no data stripping involved like there is with Dish.

Now, here’s how you find out about the local SAP channels.  You need to call your stations and ask to speak directly with the audio ingeeneer and explain what you’re after.  IF they’re on the ball, the ingeneer should be able to tell you whether or not SAP is carried on their channel.  IF your market falls inside the top 60 markets in the country, carrying description is required.  It used to be just the top twenty five:  however, as of this past July, it became the top sixty.

HTH.

Sent from my Mac, The Only computer with full accessibility for the blind built-in

Sincerely, The Constantly Barefooted Ray,

Still a very happy Comcast XFinity Voice Guidance, Mac, Verizon Wireless iPhone7+ and Apple TV user!