[Electronics-Talk] My TIVO is talking, and it's rather impressive

Matthew Chao mattchao at verizon.net
Fri Dec 16 16:13:08 UTC 2016

Hi, Folks.  After an hour or so on the phone with Verizon, I finally am
going to get my set top box to talk, or get a swap-out.  Seems I'm told
my four-year-old box is compatible with text-to-speech, but they can't
enable it remotely.  Another source told me it was incompatible.  Long
story short:  a technician is coming out on Tuesday to make sure I have
a talking set top box, one way or another.Understand this development
happened about a week or so ago, and the center for customers with
disabilities hasn't even gotten training on this stuff.  So, we wait.
So, be prepared to spend a while on the phone if you have a box that was
installed in 2012.--Matthew Chao