[Electronics-Talk] caller ID box

S L Johnson SLJohnson25 at comcast.net
Thu Feb 11 04:10:13 UTC 2016

Shannon:

That is the caller ID box I was talking about.  I am sorry it is no longer
available.  I liked being able to hear the incoming caller's identity before
I abruptly ended my previous conversation to answer the phone.  Now, most of
the time, I just ignore the call waiting tones and let the person leave a
message on my comcast voice mail so I can call them back when I finish the
call I am on at the time.  It does seem that sometimes they stop making the
products that are the most helpful to us.  Of course, manufacturers never
actually ask the blind what we like and would prefer to use, they just make
their own decisions.  For the sighted folks, the incoming call shows up on
their phone display even on call waiting so they can decide if they want to
take that call.  All I am wishing for is equal access.  I would also like to
have the other menu functions speak on landline phones like they do on some
cell phones.

Sandra

Sandra Johnson