[Electronics-Talk] update, canisters

Sandra Streeter sandrastreeter381 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 12 23:42:49 UTC 2016

Wow, good thing I went out for them last night, before it got Arctic-cold around here (thankfully, I think we in CT are expecting only a few days of that)! I know I had been dead-set against glass, but then, I got to thinking, I CAN clear some counter space and have glass canisters there, instead of lugging them up and down from cupboards. So, I found 3 canisters, one big round one large enough for a 5-pounder of flour, 2 middle-sized square (big enough for sugar and for tea), and my sighted companion said they look close enough in style that they would be acceptable in terms of style. The largest appears to have a large-enough opening for a cup, and even the middle-sized seem like they can accommodate a scoop. The best thing is they do have metal, screw-on lids like a giant jar, so my criterion of “airtight” has been met. The slight drawback, and not a deal-breaker for me, is that they don’t just dry by being placed upside-down, if you choose to hand-wash them, so they would need an actual dish-towel-drying. So, I think I’m satisfied now, and thanks to all for your input. ?Although my search was relatively short, I’m hopeful your hints will also help others in my (former) position. Now, I’ll start saving my pennies for an Ebay Sharp calculator! Oh, speaking of saving pennies, a couple more very important details: I got the canisters at Walmart, at a pretty reasonable cost.

Sandra
"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye." - Antoine de Saint-Exupery
The Little Prince

---