[Electronics-Talk] [EXTERNAL] phone with caller ID

S L Johnson SLJohnson25 at comcast.net
Wed Feb 24 22:17:55 UTC 2016

Hello:

I have the Panasonic Model KXDG-4731.  It comes with an answering machine
that you will need sighted help to set up.  Right out of the box it will
answer calls and you can delete messages but you will need sighted help to
change any of the options and to set the time and date.  This model has the
cordless phone in the base and two additional phones.  It is a Bluetooth
phone so you can place the extra phones anywhere you have an electric outlet
with no need for a phone jack.  On the phone itself none of the menus talk
so they are useless to you unless you get someone else to set up speed
dialing for you.  You will not be able to read any of the missed call
information, caller ID logs or anything else this phone might do that I do
not know about.  The caller ID will talk for an incoming call but, not when
the phone is in use and if you have call waiting.  This shows up in print
but does not talk.  It would be nice if someone would manufacture a landline
corded or cordless phone that would have all the features talking.  I know
it will probably never happen but, I guess I can dream can't I?

Sandra Johnson