[Electronics-Talk] My Justification for the ProxTalker Electronics Braille Labeler

Christopher Chaltain chaltain at gmail.com
Sat Jan 2 05:06:05 UTC 2016

Vince,

You don't have to justify why you purchased the labeller. As someone
else said, it's a personal decision. No one else understands your
situation or knows whether it's worth it or not to you. I've found that
some people have a tendency to think that what works for them is what's
right for everyone, but this just isn't the case. Personally, I'm not
too interested when others start talking about whether something is
worth the price being asked for or not. I like hearing about different
options, but no one knows my financial situation or how much I'm willing
to pay for a convenience or a service. BTW, I did appreciate hearing why
you purchased the labeller though.

On 01/01/16 22:29, cheez via Electronics-Talk wrote:
> Honestly, I hope this puts this subject to bed.  One has to know a little about my job for clarification.
>
> I work at a depot, that supplies military installations, home and abroad.  We receive products from various manufacturers, and one of my tasks requires me to pull certain items from specific locations in the warehouse.  Since the quantity on the boxes are printed, and since I'm the only total that is currently pulling orders, knowing what the quantities are on the boxes not only speed up my production, but it also gives me independence.  For I usually have to hunt down someone to tell me the quantity.  And sometimes the quantity on the box is what the order calls for.
>
> So this labeler gives those partially-sighted and fully sighted individuals whom are in charge of receiving the product before it is put into stock, the chance to affix a braille label to the box.  So, since most of them don't know braille, all they have to do is type the numbers and that's that.
>
> Someone had mentioned label size.  I wondered too why it only takes one size.  But then I recalled seeing the 1-1/2 inch tape available in local office supply stores.  And it is cheaper than Maxi-aid's or other places of that nature.
>
> So, there you go.  Hope that explains things.
>
> I was asked by one of my supervisors if I'd be willing to sell it to my employer, but I said no.  I will still be using it for my home.  However, there are plans of looking into my job purchasing one.
>
> Vince
>
> ---

Christopher (CJ)
chaltain at Gmail