[Electronics-Talk] Cable box Accessibility

David Andrews dandrews at visi.com
Sun Jul 17 01:22:48 UTC 2016

Early on, this was right. It was expensive to extract audio from a
digital signal, because you had to unscramble the whole thing and
pick off what you wanted, and the chips were expensive.  I understand
that it is now less expensive to get the audio, in theory, at least,
but I don't know anyone who is doing it.  It is a pretty small
market. And now, with NTSC3 just approved, technology will change again.

Dave