[Electronics-Talk] [EXTERNAL] iphone apps for bar code identification

Chip Orange Corange at PSC.STATE.FL.US
Fri Mar 18 19:36:56 UTC 2016

Jim,

What are your thoughts on the $200 scanner I mentioned which is an omni directional scanner?  Would you not consider it because it requires a Windows pc?

Chip

Chip Orange
Florida Public Service Commission
Computer Systems Analyst
850-413-6314

-----Original Message-----
From: Electronics-Talk [mailto:electronics-talk-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf Of Jim McCarthy via Electronics-Talk
Sent: Friday, March 18, 2016 3:02 PM
To: 'Discussion of accessible home electronics and appliances'
Cc: Jim McCarthy
Subject: Re: [Electronics-Talk] [EXTERNAL] iphone apps for bar code identification

Andy said what I would have said. I have had, in my case, the Omni barcode
scanner for many years. Personally, I have tried Digit Eyes and I would love
to use it instead. I am truly unable to efficiently find bar codes using it.
If I was just getting in to this, I would buy Digit Eyes for $9.00 and see
if I could figure it out with practice. If I learned I could not, I'd have
only spent $9 and I would move on to seek some other solution. The expensive
scanners really do work very well but $1200 is not in everyone's ready cash
so...
Best
Jim McCarthy