[Electronics-Talk] Feature phones and smart phones [was "Re: LGflip phone [was "Re: Android Cellphones: Are They Worth It"]"] [Feature Phone]

Christopher Chaltain chaltain at gmail.com
Sun Mar 27 19:36:16 UTC 2016

I'll just echo this and go one step further. I think a smart hone gives
you the ability to install 3rd party apps whereas this ability is
limited if not impossible on a feature phone. I would consider Nokia
phones running Windows Phone to be smart phones. Ditto for the Nokia
phones that used to run Symbian. Nokia did also sell feature phones, but
I can't recall what the name of that platform was. I think they were
called Series 40 phones, as opposed to the smart phones running Symbian,
which I think were called Series 60 phones.

On 27/03/16 12:56, Jim Barbour via Electronics-Talk wrote:
> A feature phone as a phone that does not have all the capabilities of a smart phone. Usually a feature phone can make calls, read mail, send texts, and maybe one or two other things. I would classify the Nokia phones as feature phones, and I would classify the iPhone is a smart phone. The boundaries are somewhat mushy, so others may classify them slightly differently.
>
> Jim
>
> Written While on the Move
>
>> On Mar 27, 2016, at 9:20 AM, cheez via Electronics-Talk <electronics-talk at nfbnet.org> wrote:
>>
>> Forgive my ignorance, for I am not familiar with this item, but, what in the world is a feature phone?
>>
>> Vince
>>
>> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Marsha via Electronics-Talk" <electronics-talk at nfbnet.org>

Christopher (CJ)
chaltain at Gmail