[Electronics-Talk] Shine Plus screen reader for 'droids

Sandra Streeter sandrastreeter381 at gmail.com
Tue May 3 23:41:47 UTC 2016

Hi, everyone,

I continue weighing phone options, and it may be that, instead of entirely switching phones from the Nexus I never use, there may be things I can do to motivate myself to start using it. One is to completely kill the system sounds, which are extremely bothersome to me, mostly in their timbre. When I think about it, I really don’t use a lot of sounds on my desktop- to cue me in to what’s going on, so I probably don’t need sounds for everything on the Nexus. Also, I have been in touch with someone who sells blind-friendly phones, and he has told me about the Shine Plus program. I checked out a site, and also watched a brief YouTube demo, which did clue me in that I like the Shine voice better than the Nexus. My question is, have any of you experienced Shine Plus on a ‘droid, and what, for you, were great or not-so-great things about it? I really appreciate this seller—he’s honest about whether one of his products may or may not work for you, based on your feedback, and that, friends, is true customer service. He also sells accessible mp3 players and other items, plus accessories. If you want to check him out, he is at:

http://www.talkingmp3players.com.

Sandra
"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye." - Antoine de Saint-Exupery
The Little Prince

---