[Electronics-Talk] Appliance Overlays - Was: gas stoves

Brad Hodges brad.hodges at outlook.com
Tue Nov 8 15:43:17 UTC 2016

Annette:

I have been suggesting that blind people give these kinds of overlays a
try for many years. So far there hasn't been that much interest.

So far it is a custom process, so it will be best if folks find someone
with the skills and equipment to help fabricate the overlay for their
particular appliance.

I do not attach the overlay permanently. I simply hold the overlay in
place with one hand and use the other to set the controls.

I have also been thinking that with rather inexpensive rapid prototype
technology, also called 3D printing, that more elaborate templates can
be created which include braille labels etc.