[Electronics-Talk] The Future of Product Accessibility

Fred Wurtzel f.wurtzel at att.net
Thu Nov 10 03:12:45 UTC 2016

Hello Andy,

I suppose there is always room for more advocacy, but I see a lot of great advocacy on this list, from our national NFB office, from Twitter and lots of other places.  Our challenge is that there are so many manufacturers and so many products which change so fast.  Right now, I really like the iGrill and the Instant Pot for cooking.  These products are both fully accessible and make timing and temperature monitoring an science.

With the IGrill, there are temperature probes which can be used either in the oven or on the grill.  The user inserts the probes into the meat and starts it cooking.  There is a Bluetooth app which connects to the iPhone and the temperature and time can be set.  The app will alert the user when the proper temperature is reached thus preventing over or under cooking.

There are 2 models, with up to 4 probes for multiple items cooking simultaneously.  You can simply put one probe in the oven to monitor the ambient temperature to be sure the oven is set properly.

By the way, it also works in the freezer, so the user can check things which need cooling down.

The Instant Pot is a fully accessible pressure cooker/slow cooker/rice cooker.  It is very precise and takes the guesswork out of cooking.

These are 2 great products which are very helpful and fully accessible.  The iGrill can be purchased from ATGuys.com and the Inst Pot can be purchased from Amazon or other department stores.  I like ATGuys.com because this company is owned and operated by blind people.  Amazon, not so much (smile).

Hope this helps

Warmest Regards,

Fred