[Electronics-Talk] aira vs be my eyes

Jim Barbour jbar at barcore.com
Tue Apr 4 21:57:20 UTC 2017

So, this comparrison is interesting.

First, can someone speak to how much better the video is on the glasses than the phone? My expectation is that the video from the glasses is better becasue the glasses are mounted firmly and is oriented in the direction the user is facing. If we could mount the iphone in a frame on a user's forehead, how would the video from the phone compare to the glasses?

Second, how hard would it be to get the "where am I" data to a "Be My Eyes" volunteer?  I'm guessing this would just be a matter of modifying the "Be My Eyes" app on the phone, and whatever app or program is used by the volunteers.

This means that the bar that Be My Eyes needs to cross to be in the same league as Aira is the training the volunteers receive. and the amount of time a volunteer can spend with each caller.

I think these are valuable differentiations, but they're also the most expensive.

I'm looking forward to talking more about this tomorrow night.

Jim