[Electronics-Talk] Robotic vacuum Cleaners

amcarr1 at verizon.net amcarr1 at verizon.net
Sat Dec 2 03:11:48 UTC 2017

My brother just bought the Roomba 890 because of it's wireless ability to be
controled with his iPhone and/or Alexa.  He cannot get Roomba to connect to
the wireless.  The Roomba company does provide a list of routers that are
known to not work with Roomba.  My brother has no idea what brand model
verizon has provided him.  He is now waiting for a newer router from Verizon
Fios.

If you are not looking for access to Roomba when you are not home and you do
not have Alexa, the below information might be useful for you.

all that is needed is local WIFI. An internet connection is not required.
Set up a wireless router in your home and connect to it. Download the iRobot
Home app to your smartphone. Upon configuring iRobot...it will detect and
connect. Ensure both your smartphone is on the wifi connection too.
 Rich M. answered on July 22, 2016

HTH,
Annette