[Electronics-Talk] Robotic vacuum Cleaners

amcarr1 at verizon.net amcarr1 at verizon.net
Sat Dec 2 05:11:47 UTC 2017

We have been researching the 890, 960 and 980.  Here is a brief comparison.

I think the 890 and 960 have the same motor power plus a 5% power increase
for some specific cleaning task.  The 980 has a stronger motor and a 10%
boost when cleaning carpets.

All 3 have WIFI and Alexa compatibility.

All 3 indicate when the dirt catcher is full.  I do not know what
"indicates" means.

All 3 will return to the base when they need charging.

The 960 and 980 will resume cleaning where it left off once the battery is
charged.  Recommended options for larger homes and multiple rooms.

The 890 comes with 1 virtual wall, and the 980 comes with 2.  I'm not sure
how many come with the 960.

Do a google search for Roomba comparison.  I get the feeling that the 890 is
the newest model, as I found very few comparisons that included it.

We are seriously looking at the 960.  It is usually priced at $699, but
appears to be on sale at Bed Bath & Beyond, BestBuy and Lowes for $599
through December 2.  There might be other places where it on sale, but those
are the 3 stores that are closest to us.

HTH,
Annette