[Electronics-Talk] iPhone battery was Re: iPhone 5S and IOS 11

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at panix.com
Fri Dec 22 12:41:55 UTC 2017

>From what I've read expect to pay about $80 to get the battery replaced
which is reasonable compared to the price of a new iphone.  Apple slows
down operation of phones with old batteries to encourage people to
replace batteries and that's been confirmed by Apple too.  It's time to
buy a new iphone if existing takes damage or operating system end of
life is reached for existing model in order to get new security fixes if
not necessarily new features.