[Electronics-Talk] Tivo and Net Neutrality

Pamela Dominguez geodom at optonline.net
Wed Dec 27 22:45:52 UTC 2017

Cable cards?  What are they?  Pam.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jim Barbour via Electronics-Talk
Sent: Wednesday, December 27, 2017 12:20 PM
To: Discussion of accessible home electronics and appliances
Cc: Jim Barbour
Subject: [Electronics-Talk] Tivo and Net Neutrality

I've been wondering...

For those of us who use TIVO with cable cards, will we be hit by the end of
net neutrality?

I know there is some regulations that require cable companies to provide
cable cards to customers.  Just not sure if they're part of what's being
removed as part of the no more net neutrality actions taken by the FCC.

https://www.fcc.gov/media/cablecard-know-your-rights

Take Care,

Jim