[Electronics-Talk] Amazon fire stick

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Thu Dec 28 14:47:07 UTC 2017

Cablevision, my cable provider, gave me a rather klugey solution to
accessibility while they allegedly work on an accessible cable box.  The
current solution is an Android phone paired with a fire stick.

One of the channels I watch is advertising an app that pairs with a fire
stick to offer channels not provided by my cable company.  Could I use an
app like that, without messing up the Cablevision connection with the
android phone?  Could I use the app on my iPhone, instead of on the android,
without making a mess? That would mean the fire stick would be paired with 2
devices, and I don't know if it can do that.

Also, tangentially, I think the fire stick said it needed to be updated, but
I don't know how to make that happen, or even if it happened later
automatically.  Is there a way to check? And how likely is it that an update
might screw up the connection to the Cablevision app/phone?

Thanks.

Tracy