[Electronics-Talk] Notification volume on IOS 10

Jim Barbour jbar at barcore.com
Thu Feb 23 18:17:55 UTC 2017

There is no such setting in settings, phone.  The only setting like that is the one that Santiego mentioned in his original message.

For me, getting different volume levels for different types of audio is difficult to do and not reliable.

What I have done for myself is...

1) go into Settings, Sounds, "Ringer and alerts" volume control and setting that were I want it. This is the setting that Santiego talked about in his original post.

2) Then find the "Change with Buttons" toggle and toggle it off, so that the ringer and alerts volume never gets modified again.

3) Then, the volume control controls the media volume and the voiceover volume together.  It used to be the case that the volume controls would only control the VO volume when VO was talking, but that no longer seems to be the case.

So, it seems like Android does a better job of separated volume controls for different applications.

Hope this helps,

Jim