[Electronics-Talk] Accessible Deep Freezers

Gerald Levy bwaylimited at verizon.net
Thu Jan 12 17:29:08 UTC 2017

There is absolutely no issue whatsoever with regard to toaster oven
accessibility.  Every entry-level model made by Black & Decker, Hamilton
Beach/Procter Silex, Cuisinart and probably other brands as well, has two or
three mechanical knobs to set the cooking function, baking temperature and
countdown timer.  These units are ready to use right out of the box.  Of
course, you can place tactile markers at strategic points around the timer
knob at say, the 5 minute and 15 minute positions to more easily set the
desired toasting and cooking times.  And maybe also a marker at the 350
degree position on the temperature knob.  That's it.  This is not rocket
science.  There are no flat membrane touchpads to putz around with.  No
smart phone needed.  Of course, if you want to spend more than $80 for a
toaster oven, then you will probably wind up with one that is inaccessible
because it  is likely to have a digital display with electronic pushbuttons
or touchpad.  A general rule of thumb is that the cheaper an appliance is,
the more likely it is to have basic, mechanical controls that are fully
accessible.  This is true of toaster ovens as well as refridgerators and
freezers.

Gerald