[Electronics-Talk] Accessible Toaster Ovens and Deep Freezers

Tina Sohl tinabir80 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 12 17:39:25 UTC 2017

Ia am not sure it was a gift. if I can find out, I Will post it.

On 1/12/17, Jude DaShiell via Electronics-Talk
<electronics-talk at nfbnet.org> wrote:
> A trick for freezers is to put a sealed pint or quart bottle of water in
> them along with other contents.  If you don't know that a power outage has
> defrosted your stuff, get the bottle and try shaking it.  If you hear
> water moving around after the bottle was frozen solid, then you know stuff
> in your freezer was thawed out earlier.  This was very useful during a
> couple hurricanes that went through Southern Maryland a few years ago.  I
> nearly lost a freezer ful of contents but the power outage lasted for only
> 46 hours not at least 48.  Had it lasted 48 hours then it would have been
> time to clear everything out of that freezer.  Refrigerators have a
> maximum safe time of 12 hours if kept closed and they turn off.On Thu, 12
> Jan 2017, Carol Feazell via Electronics-Talk wrote:
>
>> Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2017 11:42:06
>> From: Carol Feazell via Electronics-Talk <electronics-talk at nfbnet.org>
>> To: 'Discussion of accessible home electronics and appliances'
>>     <electronics-talk at nfbnet.org>
>> Cc: Carol Feazell <cfeazell at comcast.net>
>> Subject: Re: [Electronics-Talk] Accessible Toaster Ovens and Deep
>> Freezers
>>
>> Well, I can see if you want to know that the freezer is keeping the
>> things
>> the correct temperature but then you could probably tell that by the hard
>> frozen packages. Personally I don't know if anyone has ever looked at out
>> thermostat to check or not but things are always good and cold so yes, I
>> don't see why a freezer need be accessible.
>>
>> Carol Jean

>>> work. Whenever we make toast we must toast the bread on one side and
>>> turn
>>> it
>>> around to toast the other. We also own a George Forman Grill that too
>>> has
>>> seen better days but is great for warming up flour tortillas. Instead of
>>> buying two separate appliances we're considering buying a toaster oven
>>> which
>>> could do the job of our current toaster and grill.
>>>

>>>                We bought our deep freezer in 1994 and it has served us
>>> well. Given its age and the amount of energy it uses we plan to ditch
>>> both
>>> the deep freezer and the toaster when we move into our new apartment
>>> later
>>> this month.
>>>

>>>                We're curious to know what folks have found for
>>> accessible
>>> toaster ovens and deep freezers. The toaster oven would gbe a more
>>> immediate
>>> purchase. We're waiting to see if a new deep freezer is needed because
>>> the
>>> refrigerator in our new apartment is larger. None the less some
>>> recommendations for blind-friendly toaster ovens and deep freezers will
>>> be
>>> helpful. An energy efficient deep freezer recommendation will also be

--
This gives me affordable access anywhere
http://www.serotek.com