[Electronics-Talk] Voice assist on smart TVs

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at panix.com
Sat Jan 14 06:57:37 UTC 2017

We don't know what the incoming Administration will do to accessibility
let alone many other things; but that out of the way, probably buying a
TV from an American manufacturer who will be covered by accessibility
requirements may get you a little closer to an accessible TV.  Camera
applications on fondlebricks like iPhone and Android devices may help
you know what's on the menu but I recommend use of a tripod once you
figure out how to get your camera the best view of your screen.  The
tripod will keep the fondlebrick steady and in the same position for
you.  The televisions now are too dumb to even find valid input sources
and automatically connect to them when turned on so smart tv's have a
ways to go to start getting smart for my money.