[Electronics-Talk] Voice assist on smart TVs

Christopher Chaltain chaltain at gmail.com
Sat Jan 14 19:49:47 UTC 2017

If a TV is sold in the US then the law doesn't distinguish between
domestic and foreign manufacturers. If it's sold in the US then US laws
need to be followed. If the FCC rules are enforced then foreign
companies will care because they won't want to lose the US market.

I don't know what the future  holds, but if you buy into all of this
negativity and don't do anything about it then I guarantee you things
will get worse and it will be a self fulfilling prophesy. Thankfully not
everyone believes it's hopeless which is why we have the accessible TV
and set top box options we do now. Fortunately, the doom and gloom
predictions from just a few years ago didn't come to fruition and
hopefully these sources are just as wrong now.

--
Christopher (CJ)
chaltain at Gmail