[Electronics-Talk] new receiver

Brad Hodges Brad.hodges at outlook.com
Sun Jul 2 21:53:50 UTC 2017

Greetings:

I use a very modestly priced Vizio sound bar and find the price
performance balance to be excellent. My primary interest was to enhance
the quality of voices, and it is successful in that effort. I do all
switching among input sources using a $30 HDMI switcher which I
purchased from Amazon. Each of the 5 inputs has a dedicated button on
the supplied remote. With all the streaming boxes and the Tivo for
cable, not the most elegant of installations, but never the less quite
functional and easy to use.

On the higher end of things the Sonos sound bar continues to receive
excellent reviews. The Sonos product line combines simple audio
equipment of the highest quality and an app which brings almost complete
accessibility to the many services and sources you can control. The
Sound Bar is priced at around $700, and the recommended subwoofer is
similarly priced.

Sound and Vision magazine is available for download on BARD, and worth a
check. I do find their reviews to be often overly enthusiastic, so you
might want to have the salt shaker in hand as you read.

Brad.