[Electronics-Talk] o t skype

George osocalmo at yahoo.co.jp
Thu Mar 2 00:49:13 UTC 2017

Hi.

Skype has become very difficult to use with screen readers.
I could chat on Skype in 2006, but now I can only call.
There are so many items on the screen (I don't need most of them)!
Sometimes, my PC (Windows 10 with Nvda) stops talking when I start Skype...

It will probably continue to update and change. I don't recommend to
stop it from updating for security reasons.

Do you have an iPhone?
If you have an iPhone, use Skype on your iPhone. It has only a few
buttons and it's much easier to use.
I still feel comfortable when I use Skype on my iPhone. Well, I just
call; I don't chat.

If you want to use Skype with Windows 10, try to use the menu as much as
possible. Try to find the contact list and, select the contact you want
to call, press the applications key to access a list of commands.
Then, use the Tab key, to turn video on/off, to mute the mike, to end
the call, ETC.

It's hard for me to use Skype with Windows 10, but I manage to do basic
things, by using the menu, the tab key and the applications key.
When these keys don't work, I navigate the screen with Insert+4/6, ETC
on the keypad.

Don't give up; Skype is a wonderful product!