[Electronics-Talk] 2-in-one's

Christopher Chaltain chaltain at gmail.com
Sun May 7 19:02:12 UTC 2017

Microsoft included touch support in Windows starting with Windows 8. As
others have said, the actual gestures you would use would be provided by
the screen reader, such as JAWS or NVDA. The gestures would be similar
to what you use with VoiceOver on an iPhone or Talk Back on an Android
device. The gestures used by a JAWS user would be different then those
used by someone using NVDA or a sighted person who isn't using a screen
reader at all.

Note you can also use these gestures when using the laptop as a laptop
with the keyboard. For example, my sighted wife will occasionally just
reach up and touch something on the screen instead of reaching for the
mouse. She has a 15 inch Asus convertible, which she mostly just uses as
a laptop.

My son also had a 15 inch Asus convertible, which he never used as a
tablet. He recently traded it in for a 11 inch convertible from Lenovo
thinking he'll be more likely to use the smaller device as a tablet.

Christopher (CJ)
chaltain at Gmail