[Electronics-Talk] 2-in-one's

Ashley Bramlett bookwormahb at earthlink.net
Sat May 20 15:25:35 UTC 2017

Lauren,

I would encourage you to by the  2-in-one machine.
The difference between  a laptop and tablet is the laptop is like a small
computer. It has a keyboard with no touch screen.
I just think of laptops as portable pcs. A tablet, on the other hand, is
smaller, usually up to 12 inches. The tablet will be a flat screen wich
pretty much feels like a mirror. The tablet is a touch screen device and by
default uses finger movements called gestures to operate it, but you can
attach a keyboard to it and use it similar to a laptop instead of gestures.

Yes, tablets are accessible. They run on all operating systems: IOS,
android, and windows.
You can run jaws on windows tablets.  You can also run all other screen
readers. IOS tablets use the built in screen reader called voice over.

I plan to get a combo machine next time rather than a laptop. I feel the
advantage is I can have access to some of the apps then. I also think a
tablet will be more portable.
I think they have a version of Sendero GPS maps that can run on windows
tablets. I want to get this among other things when I have a tablet.

It all depends on your needs.

Ashley