[Electronics-Talk] Magnetic-induction speaker review

Elizabeth Campbell batescampbell at gmail.com
Sun May 21 15:07:01 UTC 2017

Hi Tracy,

That is very interesting.
Thanks for sharing.

-----Original Message-----
From: Electronics-Talk [mailto:electronics-talk-bounces at nfbnet.org] On
Behalf Of Tracy Carcione via Electronics-Talk
Sent: Sunday, May 21, 2017 9:49 AM
To: 'Discussion of accessible home electronics and appliances'
<electronics-talk at nfbnet.org>
Cc: Tracy Carcione <carcione at access.net>
Subject: [Electronics-Talk] Magnetic-induction speaker review

I just bought a kind of speaker I'm enjoying, so I thought I'd mention it.
It's a magnetic-induction speaker, which means it doesn't connect using
either wires or Bluetooth.  I lay the device I want amplified on top of the
speaker, and the speaker picks up the magnetic field and amplifies the
device.  It will work with anything that has an external speaker.  I've been
using it with my IOS devices and my Victor Stream.  Amazon reviewers talk
about using it for music, but I've so far used it for sports over the
internet and audio-described movies.  It gives clear audio, and I don't have
to wear headphones that squash my ears.  It can run off AC or batteries.
Not sure yet how good the battery life is.

I heard the BoomTouch speaker advertised, and Amazon has that, but I bought
the IFrogz, which was a bit smaller.

Just thought I'd mention my new toy, in case others are interested.

Tracy