[Electronics-Talk] best currently-available flip phones

S L Johnson SLJohnson25 at comcast.net
Wed Nov 22 16:29:28 UTC 2017

Hello:

I have had the same negative experience with the LG phones.  I returned
three before I gave up and found another phone.  I got a Kyocera from Virgin
mobile.  My phone is not made any longer and from what I read on the Virgin
Mobile site they don't have much to offer that has any speech output.  Also
they have done away with their less expensive prepaid plans.  For someone on
a limited income the cell phone prepaid and plan prices are getting a bit
too expensive.  .  I was looking forward to the new Nokia 3310G.  I had the
original 3310 before they made talking phones.  I liked the nice easy to
feel buttons.  Unfortunately Nokia did not include any accessibility
features on the 3310G.  This is very disappointing because I am also one who
really does not want to have to go to a flat screen for my phone.
Unfortunately I probably will have to if I want a good phone that will talk
and allow me to use some of the helpful apps for the blind.  Will we ever
see the day when everything will be accessible right out of the box?  I sure
hope so but do not think it will ever happen.

Sandra Johnson
SLJohnson25 at comcast.net