[Electronics-Talk] Accessible Router or Wi-fi Extender

Leslie Fairall fairall at panix.com
Mon Oct 9 21:44:27 UTC 2017

Hello:

I hope everyone is enjoying their holiday as much as I am!

I currently have Fios and the Gateway router. I got it about a year and a
half ago, so am not sure whether it's their newest model. I am having
issues with my Wi-fi connection at the end of the house that's farthest
from the router. I have a raised ranch that has 2,000 square feet up and
around 800 square feet in the basement. Should I purchase a range extender
or another router? I read a review of an Asus router that had a range of
5,000 square feet for $270, but I'm unsure of its accessibility. It also
looks like some range extenders have touch screens.

Any opinions or suggestions are welcome.