[Electronics-Talk] New Way to Use Uber and Lyft Without a Smartphone

Christopher Chaltain chaltain at gmail.com
Sat Apr 7 03:03:56 UTC 2018

I'm not sure where this is coming from. The city of Austin, Texas never
banned ride sharing services. Austin placed restrictions on ride sharing
services, such as back ground checks for the drivers, that Uber and Lift
decided not to follow and chose to leave the Austin market instead.
Other ride sharing services, such as Fasten, never left Austin. Those
restrictions were removed by the Texas State legislature in the summer
of 2017, so Uber and Lift have been servicing Austin since then.
http://austin.culturemap.com/news/innovation/07-27-17-ride-sharing-companies-austin-rideaustin-fasten-uber-lyft-return/

--
Christopher (CJ)
Chaltain at Gmail