[Electronics-Talk] room air conditioners

Tom Evans tevans2003 at sbcglobal.net
Wed Aug 29 15:56:24 UTC 2018

Here is some of my thoughts as I was forced to do something when my
apartment complex gave unreliable air conditioning.
If interested I will look up the first option.  it is a portable rolling
light fan that drips water across the fan.  I put in cheap frozen ice blocks
from the dollar store to help it cool down.  it is a cheap option for a
small room like 250 sq feet or less.  I paid like $180 with tax from home
depot last year and have it for sale in California.  Again it was great but
did not meet my room size.  It has 4 simple raised buttons.
The next option I got from Costco and maybe $400  it is a portable air
conditioner with a big tube that hangs out of the window.  Also it is a big
unit that sits on the floor.  It is also does heat.  The best is when you
turn it on it cools the room down to an ice cube in maybe 15 min.  once set
up, then the person would need to hit one button.  I can give details of the
unit name if serious,
tom