[Electronics-Talk] Audio descriptions

Rik James rixmix2009 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 10 20:11:23 UTC 2018

I have benefited from the use of  some Netflix original content which has
audio description.
But I have yet to discover any content provided using the Amazon Prime. And
I sure wish there was. The award winning Marvelous Mrs. Maizel does not have
it, and I wish it did. Although the dialogue itself carries this show. Not
like there is a lot of action without the characters cutting up all of the
time.

The Netflix items I have found have only been the original content, either
movies or series. But the thing is, it is a bit of a clumsy chore to
discover whether audio description is offered or not. Maybe someday they
will make it easier to discover. But it is listed under the audio options,
if I am not mistaken. It has been awhile.   Perhaps there is a part of the
Netflix website that has a list of all of the audio description content?
That would be good to know.

There was a member mentioning at one of our chapter meetings a while back
about another service I have not heard anyone mention yet.
It is called The Listen Factor.

Here is the home page link:

http://www.thelistenfactor.com/

They describe it in more detail.
But, there are like 4 or more channels you can subscribe to.
I have saved several of them as Internet Radio Favorites using the Humanware
Victor Reader Next Generation Stream.
So, this makes a nice touch screen free way to enjoy TV and film audio.

I think that only one channel actually has audio description. The rest are
comprised of a variety of programs, all of audio only of the broadcast or
film.
As far as I can tell, it is free, and you can subscribe through the website
to get daily emails as to the schedules.
The schedule might be handy, but I just seem to tune in here and there and
see if I want to listen.

A nice excuse to eat popcorn.  But no butter, it is hard on your
electronics. (ha. Ha. Ha.)

Hope that helps.
Rik J