[Electronics-Talk] Accessible MP3 radio

Ashley Bramlett bookwormahb at earthlink.net
Thu Dec 13 22:44:55 UTC 2018

Chris,

There still are several mp3 players out there but few talk.
Anyone tried the sony walkmans? I'm aware they have small buttons but not
sure how accessible they are given the small lcd screen so even a low vision
person cannot see it.

For a mp3 player radio combination, Sony  makes boomboxes which can play
mp3s on a USB drive and includes a radio and some have a cd player. I've not
used these models so cannot speak to accessibility, but because it has
buttons, I will guess its operational by a blind user provided you can
remember what button does what function.
I have a boombox by sony now which contains radios with speakers plus a cd
player. Its fairly easy to operate except for the buttons to go to different
radio stations only moves one frequency at a time so its time consuming to
get to different stations; wish it had a keypad to press in the station I
wanted.

Good luck.

Ashley