[Electronics-Talk] Altice One cable box

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Mon Dec 24 18:31:06 UTC 2018

Gerald, it's Optimum, used to be Cablevision.  They act like we're the only
blind customers in the whole tri-state area, which I find hard to believe.

Dave, and anyone else with ideas:  It's so hard to find the one guy in the
whole company who has a clue what we're talking about.  My husband just made
many phone calls, with many transfers, and found a guy who says Sure, the
box does what the website claims it does.  So now we're waiting for another
call-back, hopefully from someone who knows someone who can actually set it
up.
The first tech we got said she knows the box backwards and forwards, and it
doesn't do any talking--people can only talk to it.  They do not understand
how useless that is.
Even when we can get through to the accessibility department, it's hard to
find someone who knows what we're talking about.
So any hints on how to find the right person would be great.  Why does this
have to be such a struggle!
Tracy