[Electronics-Talk] Altice cable box

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Sat Dec 29 16:59:31 UTC 2018

Last week, a guy came to install an accessible cable box, but he had no clue
about how to make it accessible, so we sent him away.  He, and many other
people we contacted, said the only accessibility was being able to talk to
the remote, which isn't much, in my book.  Then my husband called everyone
he could at Optimum, which was very annoying, but I remembered the name of
the person who had contacted me from the Accessibility section of the
company, and eventually we got in touch with her.  She actually knew the
talking features we wanted, and she said she'd set us up with an installer
who really understood the accessibility features of the new box.  Yesterday
the guy came and installed it, then explained how it works.  And it works
pretty well!  It's not perfect, but it's a heck of a lot more accessible
than anything I've ever had before.  A biggy for me is that I can now deal
with the DVR by myself.  I can record programs, watch the one I want, and
delete it, or save it, if I want.  Imagine that!

Anyway, it all worked out, though it took a lot of phone time to do it.

It's the Altice One box from Optimum, which seems similar to others I've
heard about.

Tracy