[Electronics-Talk] Panasonic microwaves with physical buttons

Brad Hodges Brad.hodges at outlook.com
Sun Jan 7 01:34:49 UTC 2018

Colleagues:

Here is the content of a message I sent several months back describing
what might be some useful microwaves. I can't vouch for the availability
of the model I saw at Sams.

Colleagues:

I was doing some shopping at my local Sam's Club earlier today, and to
my delight     and amazement I ran across a Panasonic microwave with
actual push button controls.

Before getting to excited, please note that the model which follows
appears to refer to an inaccessible unit on Amazon, so this is only at
Sam's. See below for other ideas from Amazon.

There are remarkably few controls on the Sam's microwave which are de
vided between 2 sections on a conventional right-hand control pad.

The buttons are quite long and narrow and feel at first touch as if they
are continuous. They are not, having small separations between.

Panasonic Inverter Genius Microwave Oven
2.2 cubit foot
1250 watt
NN-SN975S
Sam's Club Only

I can provide a photo of the box if that is of use.

 From Amazon there appear to be 2 additional Panasonic Microwaves with
physical buttons.

Panasonic Inverter Genius
NN-SN966S
2.2 cubic feet
$182
The controls all appear to be actual buttons. The number pad has round
buttons with function controls using square buttons above and below the
number pad.

Panasonic Genius sensor 1100 watt
$114, Stainless
NN-SU696S
1.3 cubic foot
Available in black and white for $100
Controls are similar to those described above for the unit from Sam's club.