[Electronics-Talk] likes and dislikes of my Keurig

Arlene arlenes71154 at earthlink.net
Thu Jan 11 13:21:51 UTC 2018

Since I don't write often to the list, we'd like to say something about
about the keurig coffee brewing system. I have lots of experience in brewing
coffee that goes way back to the '70's when I was in the food business. I
believe I've read all the poasters messages about the keurig coffee brewing
system. A commercial coffee brewing system would be as fast and convenient
as a keurig, however you would be brewing a pot at a time and it will cost
you between $300 to $500 for the equipment, and you may have to have it
professionally installed. This would be a permanent installation, unlike the
keurig which is portable. The taste and quality of the coffee from either
system is about the same. I believe the keurig system would be the one most
people should go with, unless you sit around drinking coffee all day. Then
you may want to go with a conventional coffee system, such as mr. coffee and
other brands that are like a mr. coffee. Of course you could buy those
systems from 1 to 12 cups and up. You have a little more control of the
brewing coffee experience, but I don't think it's substancially better. It
will cost less. The keurig coffee system cost more but there's nothing like
the convenience of a fresh cup of coffee that tastes good. It reminds me of
the '70's, as a matter of fact, it reminds me of working in the food
business in the '70's. Many times in the afternoon, we'd brew up a whole pot
of coffee, and didn't make a sale, and an hour later we would  have to pour
the pot of coffee down the drain, so therefore, there's something to be said
for fresh coffee on demand. If any of you aren't getting hot coffee out of
your keurig, there's got to be something wrong with your machine. As Mike
said in the message below mine, that he has to wait a while to be able to
begin to drink his coffee, it's that hot, and that's true here too.  To sum
it all up,this is what we have, a commercial brewing system, it's a drip
system but very pricey. We got the same thing in the drip coffee systems non
comercial for your house as mr. coffee, other brands etc, they make good
coffee, and you have the keurig system which is basically a drip system, it
makes good coffee. One coffee system I don't recomend and that's the
perculator. I don't think it makes as good coffee as the drip system
does.When it comes to water temperature, best results will be if the water
is 180 degrees. Any questions ask away.

Wayne