[Electronics-Talk] Talking blood pressure monitors

Raymond Foret Jr rforet7706 at comcast.net
Wed Jan 24 15:02:35 UTC 2018

Myself, I was gifted a blood presure monitor from the local Walmart store by my sister and her husband.  The unit is that one which costs $58.95 or so.  For a blind person to use it, you need to pair the monitor to your iDevice and this is done through the app and not the usual way.  Once paired for the first time, you need to set up a user account and you can do this on the iPhone with no trouble at all.  Now, you just tell the system whether you are user a or user b and then you’re good to go.  You press the large button on the front after you fix the cuff to your uper arm and then, when the cuff deflates, you know the reading is done.  You just press the “transfer readings” button near the bottom of the screen and then, the monitor pairs and the reading is transfered to the Relion web site.  From that point, you can see what your readings are.

Sent from the only computer with built-in screen reader access for the blind:

Sincerely,

The constantly barefooted Ray