[Electronics-Talk] Toaster Ovens?

Gerald Levy bwaylimited at verizon.net
Fri Mar 9 13:36:36 UTC 2018

Toaster ovens are among the most accessible of small kitchen appliances.
Basic models made by Black & Decker and Hamilton Beach/Procter Silex have
mechanical knobs for timer, mode and temperature functions that are easy to
set and label with tactile markers. I have a Black & Decker TO1313 4 slice
toaster oven that has three mechanical knobs.  I have placed tactile markers
at strategic points around the bottom timer knob and top temperature knob.
The center mode knob has click stops for warm, broil, bake and toast
functions, in that order.  To make toast, I turn the timer knob to the 5
minute position, where I have placed a tactile marker and set the mode knob
to toast.  To make a frozen pizza, I set the timer knob for 15 minutes,
where I have another tactile marker and set the mode knob to bake.  The
mechanical timer emits a ticking noise and dings when it has counted down to
the off position, so it's easy to tell that it's working.  What could be
simpler?  It sells on Amazon for about $30:

https://www.amazon.com/BLACK-DECKER-TO1313SBD-4-Slice-Toasting/dp/B00GGFHH4U

Gerald