[Electronics-Talk] New Keurig or similar product

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at panix.com
Mon Mar 19 18:22:26 UTC 2018

You could get a French Press, but be careful get a metal press not
plastic or glass.  The low tech models are 100% accessible.  With those
you heat water to boiling in a kettle and take the water off the heat
and wait for a minute.  That way water gets down to 195F and you also
put your ground coffee in the bottom of the press ahead of time.  Then
you fill the press up with water from the kettle and put the top on and
have the plunger assembly in the top.  You push the plunger down once
and your coffee is ready to drink.  It's a very fast coffee-making
system and often used in Military families for that reason.  Electric
French Presses do exist, but I've never used one of them so can't write
about them with any confidence.  Mayseys is the most popular place to
buy french presses according to google too.  I hope this helps.